Dell Is Going To Release Dell Cell Phone Pretty Soon
The recent hires of Dell shows that Dell is preparing to enter the cellular phone market like what Apple did with her new iPhone that was unearthed in January 2007 MacWorld.
Over the past few days, Dell has recruited Ron Garriques, head of Motorola’s handsets group, to run a newly formed unit within Dell focusing on consumer products, as well as naming former Solectron CEO Michael Cannon to head its manufacturing operations.
However, Michael Dell, the CEO of PC maker Dell explained by saying “we are asking Ron to create a new global consumer organization that will set new standards for innovative product design, leadership in providing the best customer experience, and flexibility in how we build and distribute products and services to meet the evolving needs of our customers around the world.”
If you look at the latest cell phone like the Samsung SGH P9000, the Samsung phone that runs Windows XP (not Windows Mobile) and comes with a 30GB hard disk, 256 internal memory, 1GBz processor, 5″ WVGA display screen and a full QWERTY keyboard, it is hard to differentiate a PC(notebook) or a cellular phone.
I think what Dell does is right as Dell should start focusing on consumer electronic products like what Apple does right now.
TOP PICKED NEWS
- Top Tips to Capture Better Pictures With Your Mobile Phone
- Lost Your Mouse? Learn How to Turn Your iPhone Into a Temporary Mouse
- The Top 5 Apps That Android Users Still Can't Get
- Top 5 Most Weirdest Tablets in the World
- You don't have to be a geek to use a solar charger
- Review of Samsung Galaxy S3 - Features, Camera, and Things You Don't Yet Know