How to Install Flipboard on your Android Phone
Flipboard is an ingenious app that creates a personalized magazine out of everything being shared with you. You can flip through your Facebook newsfeed, tweets from your Twitter timeline, photos from Instagram friends and even like the pages of your favorite magazine. It was also named one of TIME’s Top 50 Innovations and Apple’s iPad App of the Year.
It has been available for the iPad and iPhone for quite some time and now, it is coming to Android! Samsung announced the Galaxy S3 last week and one of its enticing perks was an exclusive version of Flipboard not yet available in other devices. That’s right: exclusive and you have to switch over to Samsung to get your fix.
Unfortunately while, Flipboard on S3 is enticing potential buyers of the new device, the new app also attracted code breakers, to Samsung’s dismay. The exclusivity didn’t even last until the phone was released to the public.
Hardworking hackers at XDA Developer cracked Flipboard and now you can get it on your phone sans buying an expensive new S3. I’ve been reading all my social feeds on it for some time now and it runs like a dream. Want Flipboard on your phone? Follow these instructions below:
- Go to Phone Setting and enable app installs from “Unknown Sources”.
- Download and install the Flipboard apk from the XDA Developers site.
- Follow these instructions to create a Flipboard account:
- Launch the app.
- Ignore the other set up options for now.
- Click on the red ribbon at the top right hand corner.
- Now, just browse around and add as many feeds as you want. Add Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud and more.
- You can also create an account with Flipboard, but it isn’t required.
- Flip, read and enjoy!
There you have it, Flipboard on your phone in just a few easy steps (without even having to buy a new phone).
Be the first to post comment