How to Unlock Nokia Cell Phone
Want to unlock your cool Nokia cell phone ? Try the following steps:
The steps below require you to get an unlock code. To get an unlock code, you could try to call your carrier and request for one. If your carrier refuses to give you one, you could try to buy unlocked code online from this website. Otherwise, you would have to search online for Nokia Unlock software as mentioned in the tutorial below.
Please note that although unlocking your phone is legal, some cell phone operators might choose to void your warranty should you unlock your phone.
- Download software to generate the unlocking code. Software is available on some websites for free and some pay websites that also offer support if things go wrong. Find the Serial number of the cell phone, also known as your IMEI number. This can be done by either removing the back of your cell phone and looking underneath the battery, or simply by typing in *#06# into your cell phone. It should looking something like: 010082321439976
- Using the software you have downloaded, enter in your Manufacturer (which is in this case Nokia), your model number, and your IMEI number. Also enter your country and the Network. Calculate the code, this may be different depending on which software you are using. If your phone is the Nokia 3390 phone, select the model 3310, they are the same phone.
You will get a series of codes that looks something like: #pw+555 979 507 5+1#. You will enter each of these codes until you find the one that works for you, it’s possible the first one won’t work.
- Remove the SIM card from your Nokia phone. This is typically done by removing the back cover of the phone and removing the battery and sliding the card out. Put the battery back in and power the phone on.
- You should see a message “Insert SIM Card”. Begin entering your generated code. Enter all of the characters you see in your code, including the # symbols. To get a ’p’ press * 3 times, to get a ’+’ press the * key 2 times, to get a ’w’ press the * key 4 times. Disregard any spaces in the code.
- Once you have finished entering a code that works you should see a message that says “SIM is not restricted” or “Restriction off” message depending on your model. If not, try entering another code. Be careful, entering a wrong code 5 times will mean that you will only be able to unlock the phone with a data cable.
Attempting to unlock your phone is done at your own risk. Although unlocking your phone is legal, some cell phone operators might choose to void your warranty should you unlock your phone (then again, some cell phone operators won’t mind).