You don’t have to be a geek to use a solar charger
How does the solar cell phone charger work?
The sun powers the solar cell phone charger, and in turn the charger is used to refill the power in the cell phone battery. Panels on the solar charger collect the sunlight and store the energy for later use by the cell phone.
How much energy could I save in Kilowatt each year using a solar cell phone charger?
The cost of energy in the region, as well as other variables, will affect the energy and subsequent cost savings of using solar chargers. Due to this, an accurate estimate of the energy savings cannot be made. Suffice to say that there will be a savings, but how much this savings will be per person is variable.
How much time does a solar charger require to fully charger a cell phone?
Using a 2 W/hr solar charger and a 5 W/hr cell phone battery, it takes about three hours to fully charge the phone in direct sunlight. As a general rule, larger batteries will take more time to charger, and larger solar chargers take less time to charge. The formula below can be used to make an approximation of charge time.
(Amps/hr battery / Amps/hr solar charger) + 10% = charging time in hours
What are the best solar cell phone chargers?
There are two cell phone chargers that are recommended:
• iSun – A portable charger that is both efficient and reliable. This phone charger is also considered to be extremely affordable. An iPhone and/or GPS device can also be charged using this solar mobile cell phone charger.
• Solio Classic – A portable charger that allows for charging of multiple types of small devices. This charger is light-weight and easy to use.
How much waste is produced by manufacturers who produce “green” solar chargers?
It is quite possible that manufacturers of environmentally conscious, or “green” solar chargers, may not be as environmentally conscious as they may seem on the surface. This is due to the expenditure of a greater amount of resources to make the product, than the product conserves in resources. An exact amount of this waste is impossible to pinpoint accurately.
TOP PICKED NEWS
- Top Tips to Capture Better Pictures With Your Mobile Phone
- How to Install Flipboard on your Android Phone
- The Top 5 Apps That Android Users Still Can't Get
- Review of Samsung Illusion - Is This Prepaid Phone Worth The Money?
- Lost Your Mouse? Learn How to Turn Your iPhone Into a Temporary Mouse
- Review of Samsung Galaxy S3 - Features, Camera, and Things You Don't Yet Know
Be the first to post comment